Thursday 15 January 2009

He's not worthy

I find it hard to believe that Norwich would seriously consider bringing Nigel Worthington back to the club as manager, but this is apparently what they tried to do.

I think it is clear to anyone with half a footballing brain that bringing managers back never works.

Howard Kendall had two comebacks at Everton which failed whilst we have seen mike Walker return and fail at Carrow Road. history is littered with similar disasters elsewhere.

The problem for me is that Worthington lost my trust long before he left and failed, in my opinion, to do the right thing and admit he could not turn it around.

Do I want him back ? No. For me, the choice should be someone with lower league experience,. an eye for a bargain, and preferably someone with some experience of the club. Mark Robins ?

No comments: