Saturday 7 February 2009

Stop passing the buck

I was disappointed today with the lack of bottle amongst certain players, more than I was with Marshall's dreadful goal kick which led to Bristol City's second goal or with Docherty over his sending off.

When I write about taking responsibility, I mean that certain players were too keen to pass the ball back to the keeper or play pretty keep ball games in our own half of the pitch rather than hoofing the ball clear and for once trying to play the game in the other team's half of the pitch. time and again defenders and midfielders took the easy option when not even under pressure and decided to pass the ball back to the keeper rather than looking for a forward pass.

I will write more on this later, when I am less tired, and will also add my thoughts on the ref (who was awful), but I am too tired.

No comments: